Re: (ET) Replacing Batteries (What to look for)

On 11 Nov 2001, at 10:15, Vanderhoef, Roy wrote:

> What should
> I look for, and what is a good price for them?  Where do I get them.
> [Batteries]

Trojan and US Battery are highly regarded brands.  The latter is also
sold as Interstate Workaholic.  US is often a bit cheaper.  Some say the
Trojans last longer but I have not found any hard evidence that there is
a significant difference between these two brands.  Usually use and care
have much more effect on life.

Some people have had good luck with Exide, but I haven't.  YMMV.

Going price is $40 - $50 each for basic golf car batteries (Trojan T-105
or US 2200 batteries), depending on the current price of lead.  Higher
capacity batteries, such as the Trojan T-125 / US 125 (or 145), will cost
more.  (The 105, 125, and 145 used to suggest the battery's "reserve
capacity," or the number of minutes the battery can supply 75 amps.
However, many of these batteries are now rated higher than their model
numbers indicate.)

        http://www.trojan-battery.com/

        http://www.usbattery.com/

For a dealer, look in the yellow pages under "Batteries."  I've also
found that a good way to find the low-cost, reliable distributor is to
call a local golf course and ask them where they get their batteries.
Often distributors will deal directly with you since you are buying a
half-dozen pieces.