(ET) Moving Batteries

I have a set of these "ice tongs"  and they work well, But they are just a
bit too small for the 6V brutes, and it is a pretty tight fit in the back
battery compartment. (they work if you hold you month the right way)
Luckly, Workaholics and Trojans have lifting rings in the case.

I have a small block and tackle in my garage,  and I lift the batteries in
and out of the tractors with this. I use the "ice tongs" for the batteries
without lift rings and a nylon strap in the lift ringed batteries, Then I
just hook them up to the block and hoist away.

The really important point here is that these batteries are heavy enough to
cause injury if  proper care in not taken when lifting them.  And if you
drop them and they break open you going to need a lot of baking soda to
clean up the mess.

So, Guys watch you back and wear safety classes. (a case of Arm and Hammer
good idea too).

Geof Thompson B. Sc. CLS
Success = being un-noticed
Data Management Engineer
Canadian Hydrographic Service
Central and Arctic Region
867 Lakeshore Road
Burlington, Ontario
Canada. L7R 4A6

Phone (905) 336-4698
Fax (905) 336-8916
E-mail Thompsong dfo-mpo gc ca <mailto:Thompsong dfo-mpo gc ca>