(ET) back platform

New topic.  I had to move a 250 lb. cement mixer (no wheels) recently.  I
don't have a platform lift, but here's an easy fix.  If you have the back
tool-bar (the one the tiller attaches to) and have it set to the upper
holes (so that the bar is low) you have a dandy mount for a platform.  I
set a 5' long 2x12" plank on the tool-bar and under the drawbar.  The
platform is nearly level, and the weight of the plank keeps it in place.
DON'T put it under the drive pulley on the transmission!  Anyway, I tipped
up one end of the mixer, backed it under and walked the other end on the
plank.  It moved it beautifully, almost like a pallet loader.  If I had
needed to, I could have made a wider "T" version, but for now this was
great.  The bar is low so you have to stay on level ground.

Larry Elie