[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: (ET) charger
- Subject: Re: (ET) charger
- From: Jeremy Gagliardi com
- Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2001 09:30:02 -0400
- Organization: http://Jeremy.Gagliardi.com/
- References: <200110221232 f9MCW6a24061 gifthorse3 ee duke edu>
- Sender: owner-elec-trak cosmos phy tufts edu
"Rhett T. George" wrote:
> Hopefully you did not turn the battery set around polarity-wise. Does
> the positive cable still go to the positive battery post? Which breaker
> trips? The house breaker or the chartger breaker on the forward panel?
Batteries are connected fine. However, at the time the charger went
out, there were no batteries in the tractor. New batteries are in, and
everything works great. The only items not functioning are the horn and
the charger. I gave up on the charger. I disconnected it from
everything to rule out a short somewhere else in the tractor. It seems
fried to me.
What I've done, instead, is purchase three 12V chargers and I plan to
hook each one up to every 2 batteries.
Is it possible to hook up the chargers in series, or will that fry their
mailto:Jeremy Gagliardi com