RE: RE: (ET) ET15 stops suddenly, often...

Or could it simply be the main disconnect switch itself going
bad?

<lelie ford com>, elec-trak cosmos phy tufts edu
>Date: 9/4/01 3:47:23 PM
>

>If the lift/acc doesn't work (but normally does) than I would
start checking for a battery connection problem.  The lift is
independent (other than the fuse) from pretty much everything
else.  Use a DVM between each pair of batteries.  Pull fairly
hard on each connection.  You might have a corroded and intermittent
connection.

>Larry Elie

 thanks

>William Vincent Albrecht, CPA, M.Div
>University of Chicago Investments
>office 773-702-3939
>home 708-957-8050
>cell 312-513-3281
>

>From: "Elie, Larry (L.D.)" <lelie ford com>
>To: "'vince albrecht'" <wva329 hotmail com>, elec-trak cosmos phy tufts
>edu
>Subject: RE: (ET) ET15 stops suddenly, often...
>Date: Tue, 4 Sep 2001 15:12:03 -0400
>
>Did you check (1) the foot brake switch and (2) the seat disconnect
switch?
>I have seen similar with a bad foot brake switch.  Next time
it happens, see
>if the lift still works, with either 1 or 2 above, the lift
will still work
>(which is NOT true of the main disconnect...).
>
>Larry Elie

I tried checking
>everthing: connections, wires, etc. I seem to think that there's
a corrosion
>going on or a loss wire, but couldn't find any, except,when
going among the
>wires, I noticed one of the wires connected to the speed control
underneath
>was broken off.  I used a jumper wire to connect it to where
I thought it