Re: (ET) intro

after the recent charger problems discussed on the list, I'd be leary of
cranking up the charger on dead batteries.  Might blow out something.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Elie, Larry (L.D.)" <lelie ford com>
To: <elec-trak cosmos phy tufts edu>
Sent: Tuesday, August 14, 2001 10:12 AM
Subject: RE: (ET) intro

> I agree with Brian, it's easy to replace or hot-wire, and I think you can
find keys as well.  I would be more worried if the batteries were not
removed.  They freeze, swell, crack, and leak acid all over.  Bill told me
once that the drive motor will indeed move under charger power, but I have
never seen this.  The deck motors will spin under charger power, and the
lift will work a bit too.  Checking the battery box would come first.