Re: [Fwd: (ET) intro]

Batteries are pretty easy to find, a number of brands to choose from. Look for "golf cart" batteries. The more the amp hours the more the money they cost. Just picked up a set 2 weeks ago for the e-15. Paided $45.99 each for exide's from sam's club. found a place that sells "rebuilt" batteries for $39.95 and have heard of golf cart places selling used one's for $100 a set of 6. Seen better batteries for the $60 to $80 range. I would guess the batteries cracked and leaked the acid out the bottom. Don't be supprised to find some rust in the battery boxes.

At 11:39 AM 8/14/01 -0400, you wrote:
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2001 11:37:14 -0400
From: Jeremy Gagliardi com
To: "Elie, Larry (L.D.)" <lelie ford com>
Subject: Re: (ET) intro

"Elie, Larry (L.D.)" wrote:
> I agree with Brian, it's easy to replace or hot-wire, and I think you can find keys as well. I would be more worried if the batteries were not removed. They freeze, swell, crack, and leak acid all over. Bill told me once that the drive motor will indeed move under charger power, but I have never seen this. The deck motors will spin under charger power, and the lift will work a bit too. Checking the battery box would come first.
>
> Larry Elie

I know the batteries were not removed.  However, I also know they have
been bone dry since the last time it was turned on.  I understand
they're wet cell batteries, and the fluid dried up and was not replaced
when we realized they were failing (back in the late 80s).

Could you conceivably just run the whole thing corded on house power?

BTW, how easy is it to come across 6V batteries and how much do they
generally cost?  Is there some kind of amperage rating I need to know to
buy the right battery?

I've never gotten into the guts of one these.

--
 mailto:Jeremy Gagliardi com