[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: (ET) battery charger
- Subject: Re: (ET) battery charger
- From: "MR23 \(Christopher M. Meier, Mpls, MN\)" <mr23 mn rr com>
- Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2001 23:16:26 -0500
- References: <3B73CE00 16429 E8C06 localhost>
- Sender: owner-elec-trak cosmos phy tufts edu
Surplus stores have 2 stage Ault brand chargers for $15-$20 each.
3amp bulk rate to 14.9v (adjustable via pot inside), and float voltage
after that (13.6 if I recall right). A little low powered for ET
unless you use it only occasionally or for light duty only.
----- Original Message -----
> Another good replacement for the ET charger is three 12-volt automatic
> chargers from a reputable parts store. This will cost about $150 to
> $200, and will probably make the batteries last longer. I have used 3
> Exide brand chargers (made by Cliplight in Canada; NAPA sells the same
> thing for a few more bucks) for 2 years on my gel batteries and they're
> still going strong.