Re: (ET) time for a new pack...

Dave Barden wrote:
> I finally got the E12S running reliably enough to try some serious
> mowing and quickly discovered that my current set of mis-matched
> batteries is just not up to it.  talking to a golf car service
> shop he said he runs trojans 220 amp-hour set of six $420.  I
> think I should be able to do better than that price-wise here in
> the Seattle area.
> I'd like to order a set of Trojan golf cart batteries from the
> local distributor and need to know exactly what to ask for.
> group? dimensions? amp-hour?

Along with the Trojans, you could look at US Battery. Their model
US-2200 is similar to the T-105 (and the US-125 and US-145 are the
higher capacity versions if you have a large area to mow). Visit them on
the web at http://www.usbattery.com or call their CA office at
1-800-695-0945. They may sell them directly to you at a good savings, or
can direct you to a local dealer.

I just put a set of their 8-volt batteries in my pick-up truck, so far
so good, but too early to say much. And my tractor is running on
"leftover" Sam's club batteries which are fine for a small yard.

_________
Jim Coate
1992 Chevy S-10
1970s Elec-Trak E20