(ET) brake switches...

Last week I posted that I had ordered and rec'd a brake switch from Bill G
only
to find out that it didn't fit my E12S.  I talked to Bill today and he
determined that what had been sent me was the brake switch for an E12M.
He
discovered someone had put the wrong part in the wrong bin.

As it turns out the brake switch is not my only problem.  shorting the
brake
switch i was able to get the main motor to spin briefly once or twice then
nothing.  I thought it might be dirty/bad contacts on the throttle and
tried
jiggling it etc.  No dice.  Full throttle in either forward or reverse
results
in the fuel gauge going down into red the power meter going up halfway and
then
1-2 seconds later peggin out to the full right position.

Any suggestions of where/what to look for are greatly appreciated.

thanks much,

dave barden
seattle
E12S