Re: (ET) ET PM Magnets - Jim Fisk

Thanx to all on the magnet mount advice. Although in general epoxy is
far stronger, I think under these circumstances the hi temp silicone
might be prudent. I'll try that first as at $90.00 a pop and lots of
spares still kicking around here I doubt I have much to loose by trying
it myself. By the way the magnet is still in one piece save for one
small chip. First clue was that it temped out in about 3 seconds and
felt strange when spun by hand. Last time this happened the magnet was a
total

I wonder if dampness, corrosion and perhaps freezing are the culprits
here. I (and everyone else) should probably remove all the spares from
old decks sitting outside and get them on the shelf. Too bad they are
such a "pita" to get off. They could have made it easier to get a socket
on those buggers! I guess the air chisel would be the quickest although
it always does a little damage to the mounting holes. I use SS to
replace all the hardware.

Jim