(ET) E T front axles

 - Greetings -

Lee, I am with you on the axles.  My E-15 dates from maybe '64 or '65
and has the cast iron axle.  The E-20 dates from "67 and has the welded
steel axle.  I assume that the axle construction depends on the year or
manufacture.  Despite occasional greasings, the steel kingpin in the
steel axle galled and seized.  It took many strokes with hammer and
drift punch to disassemble the mess.  GE knew better than to do that.
Overdoing the greasing since then kept the problem from returning.

                                        Rhett George