RE: (ET) lift

Neil et al,
        Thanks for the responses. It's nice to see the variety of
information and
opinion. I chose to respond to this message because Neil poses a question
that goes to the heart of my rationale for keeping the electric tractor in
the first place.

        Ummm, part of the reason for opting for an electric lift rather
than a
manual list, or none at all, is that it is something I would like to try.
As
an engineer, the challenge of creating (or improving upon) something has
some allure.
My plan for the lift is to use a stepper motor in a mechanical design that
would offer quick-connect capability for implements. Do I need any of this?
Not really. But, when I'm done, I'll likely be the only one on my block
with
an electric tractor with a power vacuum, snow sweeper, and auxiliary power
unit.
For me, working on the tractor is a lot more fun than cutting the **&^$%
grass.

        -Phil