From: David Roden (Akron OH USA) [mailto:roden ald net]
Sent: Wednesday, May 23, 2001 12:59 AM
To: Elie, Larry (L.D.)
Cc: elec-trak cosmos phy tufts edu
Subject: RE: (ET) Fw: [WT] Trickle Chargers

On 22 May 2001, at 10:19, Elie, Larry (L.D.) wrote:

> Three of the batteries do the back
> lift and they have to lift almost 300# of tiller at each end of the
> field.
> Up/down perhaps 30 times in an hour.

This has been bothering me for a while -- this inequitable distribution
of load because of taps for front lift, rear lift, and lights.  I use 12v
chargers on 12v batteries, so they are more evenly charged, but the ET
charger equalizes them by brute force.

I think the ET could benefit from a DC to DC converter, delivering 12-15
volts for the accessories from the 36 volt pack.

David Roden - Akron, Ohio, USA
1991 Solectria Force 144vac
1991 Ford Escort Green/EV 128vdc
1979 General Engines ElectroPed 24vdc
1974 Honda Civic EV 96vdc
1970 GE Elec-trak E15 36vdc
Thou shalt not send me any thing which says unto thee, "send this to all
thou knowest."  Neither shalt thou send me any spam, lest I smite thee.