Re: (ET) Tiller weight

I'd give mine 250-300 lbs. It's pretty beefy... Remember the tiller hangs
out the back quite a bit.. If it's a steep ramp you'll drag and hang up on
the tiller end.... I honestly don't recommend moving the ET with something
that big and heavy on it. I took two furniture dollies (Home Depot, about
$20 each) and with some 2x4's made a nice rolling cradle for the tiller.

I use one of the aluminum ramps for ATV's..it's one of the aluminum ones
that look kinda of like a big ladder.. I cut some 3/4" plywood that I lay
down on top of that, with a couple bolts to keep it from sliding. Works
great!

Don

>>> "Geoff Rich" <grich firstsolar com> 05/23/01 08:45AM >>>
Hi folks,

Does anyone know the approximate weight of the tiller?  I'm trying to
specify some ramps to get an E16 with tiller attached onto a trailer.
According to Walter's page, the weight of an E15 is 850lbs.  I'm guessing
an
E16 is about the same.

It seems that ramps rated for 1500 lbs should fill the bill.  Anyone with
past experience or recommendations?

Geoffrey Rich