(ET) Battery eyes?

Last week, I mowed well under 1 acre on a full charge.  The grass was
fairly tall, but not that bad; the load (current) meter was not
unreasonably high.  I normally do about 2 acres on a charge.  I thought
perhaps I had a weak battery.  In checking, I found ALL 6 batteries very
low on water.  I could see the plates on all.  It took 3 gallons of
distilled water to top them all off properly.  There goes at least one
year off the life of the batteries!  I should have noticed the charge
cycle was too short (the charge ends up going TO A VOLTAGE as measured on
the 'fuel' or volt meter, not to a charge content) for a good charge.  The
charger on the ET is by time, and you don't want to set it long enough to
boil off much acid.  Anyway, does anyone know where one can get 6 of the
old 'battery magic eye' caps that used to be used before car batteries
went cap less?  I don't want to do this again.

On the side.  Now I'm a bit nervous about another 'addition' I was
planning to the ET.  With the working charger off a parts tractor, I was
going to run two chargers in parallel on one battery pack.  They float
just fine and the load is under 20 amps so shouldn't trip the breaker.
The charge time should be shorter.  Has anyone tried this?

Larry Elie