Re: (ET) Mower motor bearings

Bill's method sounds fine if you have a press -- I don't.  However, I was
able to remove mine by soaking overnight with liquid wrench, then heating
each with a propane torch and using a 3-jaw puller.  I worked the puller
against the head of the blade-mounting bolt.

Unfortunately I bent the blade mounting surface on one of the flanges and
had to replace it.  The Gunn method would have prevented that.

Bearing replacement isn't much fun, and you don't want to do it more
often than necessary.  To that end, I recommend ~not~ cleaning your deck
by spraying water into it.  I think that washes out the bearing lubricant
and rinses dirt in, greatly shortening their lives.  Instead, scrape the
grass clippings out with a wooden paint paddle or plastic spatula.

David Roden - Akron, Ohio, USA
1991 Solectria Force 144vac
1991 Ford Escort Green/EV 128vdc
1979 General Engines ElectroPed 24vdc
1974 Honda Civic EV 96vdc
1970 GE Elec-trak E15 36vdc
NOTES: 1. Please do not send me virus warnings or anything else which
suggests "forward to everyone you know."  2. I seek immediate punitive
action against all spammers, regardless of the message.