(ET) other thing not designed for elec traks....

I have been kicking around the idea of building a loader for my e-15 (when
and if I ever get it back in one piece).  I would think the cadplan loader
could be made to fit. see http://www.cadplans.com/loaders/507.htm or
http://www.cadplans.com/loaders/907.htm

Instead of having to go thru all the Hydraulic hassels, why not use the 36
volt actuators used to move a satellite dish.  They come is 18,24,36 in.
strokes and the small ones are rated at 600 lbs. of lift (the long ones
1200-1500 lbs).  Here is an example on ebay.
http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1222792965
The 18 inch ones sell around $45 each on ebay with the longer ones for more
money.

I know little about electronics so maybe this is way off in left field, and
I don't know how fast or slow these actuators move.  But if they would
work,
it would have to be less draw on the batteries than a hydraulic pump that
needs to be turning all the time.

These thing can be found in even shorter lengths.  Here is one on ebay that
has a 9 in throw (maybe used for a electric lift for those tillers
outthere..)
http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=571523416&r=0&t=0&sho
wTutorial=0&ed=985620080&indexURL=0&rd=1

These are just the wild ideas from a person that thinks to much and has
little to no experience in what he is thinking about..