Re: (ET) Battery Powered Push Mowers

Dennis and any others interested,

If you are looking for a GREAT electric push mower, look no further than
Country Home Products. They sell the DR Whisper Light cordless electric
mower. I bought one in '99 and LOVE it. My model is a little bigger than
the
current ones - 16" cut vs.14", but not much heavier. Anyway, the deck is
all
plastic and will never rust. The only assembly required is to put 2 screws
in the top portion of the handle and drop the battery in. Yes! This one has
removable batteries - not built in like all the others that were made. A
great advantage when you have a spare battery and haven't finished the lawn
before the battery runs out. You don't have to wait for the thing to
recharge to finish - just drop in another battery and continue. Some may
never need another battery depending on the type and density of grass being
cut. Country Home says average use time is up to 1 hr between charges and
with light grass which is not too thick, this is probably true. Mine was
advertised at 45 min. usable time and I have gotten that if I don't let the
grass get too thick before I cut it. I have 3 batteries total, so I just
use
each one for 30 minutes and then drop in another. It sounds like if all you
want to do is gut around trees, then one battery will do you just fine. I'm
sure you would get a MINIMUM of 45 minutes out of the battery every time
until it starts to go bad (they say it should last about 5 years). Battery
is 24V / 9AH and runs a 21 amp permanent magnet motor. Warranty is 2 years
on mower and 1 on the battery - CAN'T BEAT THAT!

The first thing you notice when you start the mower is how QUIET it is. The
second thing you notice when you start using it is how LIGHT and easy it is
to maneuver. It is lighter than any other cordless electric or gas model
and
probably not much heavier than the corded ones (don't know, never used one
of those). Have I whet your appetite yet? The best thing is that they offer
a 30 day RISK FREE deal. You get the mower and have 30 days from THE DAY
YOU
START USING IT (not when you placed the order) to see if you like it. If
not, call them and they will pay to pick the thing back up, give your money
back for the mower, AND REIMBURSE YOU FOR THE ORIGINAL SHIPPING AMOUNT. You
have absolutely nothing to loose! You probably won't be shipping it back
though after you have used it a few times - as long as you keep in mind its
limitations. If you expect to mow an acre with it, you'll be disappointed.
If you expect to mow knee deep grass, you'll be disappointed. If you want
mow a small lawn or use it for what you said you wanted to use it for -
you'll love it!

Now, you have to decide if the price ($299 + $24 s&h) is worth it. Check
out
their web page @  http://www.countryhomeproducts.com to get a little more
info on the mower (I've already given a lot of the same info that you'll
find there). One more thing - I am not affiliated with Country Home
Products
at all - just a satisfied buyer of one of their products and one that I
believe would be of interest to those on this group. Sorry for the lengthy
email, but thought it worthy to expound on the merits of the product for
all
who would be interested.

Don Cohen