(ET) NAPA Show more info

Hello All
Earlier I sent an invitation to the N.A.P.A. show to the list/group. Below
are two electronic clippings from the winter newsletter the first about the
show and the second just for fun.

(this is an electronic "clipping" from the Winter 2001 ANTIQUE POWER NEWS)
2001 SHOW FEATURE
Steel-Wheeled Tractors and Equipment

It used to be when you went to a steam or antique show, the grounds would
be
filled with all kinds of STEEL-WHEELED tractors.  International 8-16s,
Titans, 10-20s, 15-30s, Fordsons, Rumleys, early Deere's, Hart Parrs and
many other common, and not so well known brands. A rubber tired tractor,
would almost seem out of place, most were still at work.  Now a days the
grounds are full of these rubber tired "classics", and the "original"
steel-wheeled antique tractor has become rare.  These tractors must still
be
around somewhere.  Now is the time to round them up, dust them off, and
crank them up!  Hook them up to a plow or other implement, and get them
down
to the show.  They may not have the smooth ride and many do not have the
electric starter of their newer brothers, but they are the "original
antique
tractors" that started it all.  It's time to feature them for the 2001
show.
Let's flood the grounds with these steel wheeled, spade lugged, smoke
belching monsters!  Let's show the people what the early tractors were
really like!!
See you there, Mark Kirton

SHOW NEWS

Camping

There will be some changes to our camping area this year.  We have been
discussing this for years, and in 2001 it will become a reality.  All
campers will be set up across the creek.  Some of you have already been
camping over there for the past few years.  No campers will be set up in
the
display area.  Sorry, all camping will be primitive this year.  This is
being done to give us more room in the display area.  As our show grows, we
get a little more cramped every year.  Scott Middlestead will be in charge
of camping this year.  You can reach Scott at 905-835-8902 if you have any
questions.

Log Cabin Feature
Soda Pop
This year's feature in the log cabin will be soda pop.  We are looking for
items such as, bottles, advertising, memorabilia of Coke, Pepsi, Crush etc.
If you have anything concerning soda pop that you would like to display in
the log cabin during our show, Marie Henry would like to talk to you!

Show Program Ads
Once again we are selling ads in our Show Program.  Our goal this year is
25
ads.  If you are interested in placing an ad, you can obtain a form from
John Miller at 871-1197

Volunteers and tractors needed
We are looking for volunteers who have a tractor of 30 H.P. or more with a
pulley, to run the Shingle Mill and Saw Mill.  How about donating your time
and tractor, one day during our show?  Please contact one of the Directors
if you are interested.

Antique Car Admission
If you would like to display your antique car at our annual show, we will
be
happy to give the driver & spouse (or equivalent) plus 2 children, free
entry onto the show grounds.  Anyone else in the car must pay regular
admission price.
Thank you.

YOU KNOW YOU OWN AN OLD TRACTOR WHEN...
You install a hand-washing sink in the garage.

Your three-year-old asks "is this greasy" before he touches anything lying
in the garage.

You dream of a tractor shed with more parking than your garage.

You are qualified to debate the relative merits of various brands of hand
cleaners.

You slow down while driving to try to identify that rust heap under a brush
pile.

You buy oil five gallons at a time.

Every room in your house contains something that has been repaired with J-B
weld.

Your dog's black back is not colourfast.

Your pillow looks a lot darker in the morning.

You refer to crueller style doughnuts as "tractor tires".

You drive by a farm bursting with ponies and horses, and your two- year-old
notices the 8N plowing the backfield and says, "Oooh-Mommy's tractor!"

Geof Thompson B. Sc.
Data Management Engineer
Canadian Hydrographic Service
Central and Arctic Region