(ET) electric chainsaw

Hello everyone,

I've recently acquired an I-5.  I'm looking for: A] a 36V chainsaw that was
put out for the electric tractors of this type, OR: B] the best 110V
electric that will work of the/an inverter that is available for these
tractors.

If I decide to go with a 110V saw will I do better with a modern solid
state
inverter than with the style built back in the 70s?

My guess is that the 36V saws are hard to come by but work more efficiently
by getting around the use of an inverter.  Also, I'd like to get some idea
of specs for the 36V if there's one available.  How much wattage/amperage
do
they pull as compared with a good contemporary 110V?  What was the longest
recommended bar for them?

I've been out of touch with the list for several months.  I'll  review the
archives in due time.

Thank you,

Steven Frankenfield
s frankenfield verizon net