Re: (ET) chargers

On 7 Feb 2001, at 9:54, Derick Crump wrote:

> I am now using the fair radio charger with my ET. ... I am very
> happy with the fair charger.  ... Also it only costs $50.

But it weighs 60 lb.  It may be cheap at $50, but I hate to think what it
cost to ship one to Jamaica!

For those who don't know what a "Fair Radio Charger" is, Derick is
talking about a rather useful military surplus battery charger:

     http://www.fairradio.com/powers.htm

     http://www.fairradio.com/pp-1659a.htm

sold by Fair Radio Sales:

     http://www.fairradio.com/

These are not sophisticated chargers; they are just unregulated power
supplies, and they have ~no~ charge control whatsoever.  The advantage
they have, though, is that they can charge just about any battery pack
from around 6 volts to 144 volts, because the output is adjustable in one-
volt steps.

Every EV owner should have one of these in the shop somewhere, especially
as cheap as they are.  I own two and a half.  <g>

David Roden - Akron, Ohio, USA
1991 Solectria Force 144vac
1991 Ford Escort Green/EV 128vdc
1979 General Engines ElectroPed 24vdc
1974 Honda Civic EV 96vdc
1970 GE Elec-trak E15 36vdc
NOTE: If you receive an email which exhorts you to "Send
this to everyone you know," you don't know me.