Re: (ET) rats

On 4 Feb 2001, at 21:32, Neil Dennis wrote:

> Most positive cure I've found for rats is my airgun or a .22 with bird
> shot.

I haven't tried it, but a friend of mine recommends snakes.  I forget
what the breed is that she recommends, but there's one that is supposedly
nonpoisonous to humans but does a good job on the rats.  Nonpoisonous or
not, I'm not sure I want snakes living in/around/under my tractor any
more than rats!

To get back to the original post here, the suggestion was made to put a
small amount of heat from a light bulb under the tarp covering the
tractor.  I wonder why this would be desirable.  As long as the batteries
are fully charged, and are topped up every month or so, they won't
freeze.  I can't think of anything else that would need to be warmed,
especially since the tractor isn't to be used until spring.

I remember reading probably 30 or more years ago that cars stored in
heated garages rusted faster than cars in unheated ones, because the
warmer temperatures accelerated the chemical reaction.  Other thoughts?

David Roden - Akron, Ohio, USA
1991 Solectria Force 144vac
1991 Ford Escort Green/EV 128vdc
1979 General Engines ElectroPed 24vdc
1974 Honda Civic EV 96vdc
1970 GE Elec-trak E15 36vdc
NOTE: If you receive an email which exhorts you to "Send
this to everyone you know," you don't know me.