Re: (ET) Battery Charger

Hello Brad,
  You can purchase an automatic shut-off for your charger from any Club
Car,
E-Z-GO, Yamaha, or your near by Mom & Pop golf car shop. The Club Car and
Yamaha one will be out of their older 36v Lester charger and costs about
$75. It easily fits  inside the ET charger compartment with three screws. I
have some diagrams showing where to plug in your wires if needed.
  The E-Z-GO auto shut-off is out of their Total Charge III battery charger
made by GE and cost about the same. So if you want to keep your ET totally
GE go with the E-Z-GO circuit board. You can mount their board to an "L"
shaped piece of vinyl siding and then mount the vinyl siding to your
charger
cover.
  When you want to recharge simply turn your power disconnect off (to reset
the shut off relay) then turn it back on and plug in your A/C cord. On a
golf car the shut-off relay is reset every time the charger D/C cord is
removed from the car. There is no guessing and worrying if you are under
charging or over charging your batteries. It is also a nice feature to
install on a customer's ET that wants to be able to plug it in and go. You
also may want to pick up a 30 amp charger gauge while you are there. Drill
hole in the top of the charger cover and mount it there. The gauge can give
you useful information on the status of your batteries that are being
charged.
   Eric

Subject: (ET) Battery Charger

> I want to improve my battery charger.  I used to have a Commutacar and
have
> all of the service litereature.  It seems to me that the charger circuit
from
> the commutacar could easily be adapted to the electrak.  Has anyone else
> thought about this? It is a small circuit that could easily be
> constructed
at