RE: (ET) Technical Service

HAD 5 Don; only 2 now.  Others on the group have me beat!

Larry Elie

-----Original Message-----
From: Don Barry [mailto:Don Barry kmtc com]
Sent: Monday, January 22, 2001 2:46 PM
To: <Elec-trak
Subject: RE: (ET) Technical Service

I don't want to do anything that make ET support less attractive for Bill
either. But I'd guess what he wants to do is make money selling parts and
refurb tractors. Passing the "brain-drain" isn't contradictory to that goal
if it lets you sell more parts to more people. I'd like to classify info on
the "how to do's" and leave leads to Bill for the parts "to do it with".
True, publishing a service manual on the WWW may cut out that part of his
business, but I honestly don't think he's making a living on photocopied
manuals!

I called there this morning, and Bill was out. I'll try him tomorrow to
feel
this out somewhat.

One of the bad things I see is a lot of confusion/lack of information on
parts. I think a lot of ET's are getting junked or parted out, just from
the
lack of info on available parts and their cost. As an enthusiast in it for
the long run I want to try to improve the information flow, both to answers
and the parts.

5 ET's? Larry, you da man!!!

Don Barry
<snips>