(ET) M-30 Brake kit

Greeting from Jamaica.  I have recently purchased two E-15s and shipped
them
down to my place in Jamaica.  One is running and the other is to be rebuilt
with new parts.  My question is: has anyone put on the new brake kit and if
so how did they get off the old hub? Mine does not seem to have a set screw
in it.  Do I keep banging on it and spraying it with solvent or do I need
apply heat as the instructions say?  Any advice would be appreciated
Derick