Re: (ET) Technical Service

What exactly is not available from other sources?  It seems to me that a
lot
of comsumable parts are off the shelf stuff.  I have had no problem coming
up
with bearings, mower blades, belts, and stuff like that.  You can always
somehow work around switches, relays, etc and probably even improve things
with 21st century technology.   Stuff like mower decks are obviously a
problem, as are the mower motors.  But there may be surplus or off the
shelf
solutions or work-arounds for this, too.  Maybe we should start putting
together a database of parts.  If a part is off the shelf, it would
indicate
part numbers, sources, etc.  If a part is not off the shelf, it would
indicate that fact as well as a possible workaround, if one exists.  Any
thoughts?

Brad Fayette

"The geeks shall inherit the earth."