Re: (ET) Battery Testers

Hi Dennis,

If you are having trouble maintaining a charge and want to pin down the
weak
battery I have had excellant luck with the cheap one from Harbor Freight.
After a good charge the strong cells will test strong and any weak ones
will
drop to say 4v in about 5 - 10 seconds. What more do you need unless you
are
running competition or something? Been using mine to sort out the tired
cells
for about three years. Don't know how I got along without it. Make sure you
have clean posts and clamps first of all. My tester has saved me from
tossing
batteries that I was almost sure were bad only to find out that the
terminals
were the culprit.

Jim

http://people.ne.mediaone.net/fiskfarm/index.html