RE: (ET) Rotary Inverter

Thare are some other factors that affect performance.

With the electrics, the performance is greatly affected
by the power supply. Use 200 feet of cheap #16 extension
cord, and the motor won't have solid power available at
under load. A good #12 or #10 cord is important to
minimize voltage drop to the saw.

Another factor is the quality of the chain and any
integral sharpening device. Most of the electric saws
are assembled for economy and generally use shorter
bars with cheaper chains. But those items are replacable
[read "upgradable"]. A freshly sharpened chain also makes
a huge difference; some saws include integral sharpeners.
I recently used my Remington saw to do some clearing
in my yard, and it certainly didn't seem power-constricted
even on 18" diameter cuts. But my use in sunny southern
California is certainly not the same as others on the list...

But if your thinking of any substantial amount of use, I
think it would make sense to choose the best electric saw
available.

William Korthof