From: Tim Chapin [mailto:tchapin umich edu]
Sent: Monday, October 02, 2000 11:14 AM
To: elec-trak cosmos5 phy tufts edu
Subject: RE: (ET) tires and tubes...

I have been reading this thread with interest.  I am still hung up on the
original question.  Is there a real problem with just throwing in a tube
and
leaving it at that?  It makes it easier for things that sit around a while
that leak.  No worries about sealing the bead.
The parts tractor I picked up has bad tires (cracks on the side wall from
being towed around flat).  I am thinking of putting in a tube because the
chances of getting that tire to hold air without one is nill.  I do this
kind of thing all the time on other thing but never on anything with the
weight of an elec trak.  Any thoughts on the easy way?