Re: (ET) Mother Earth News

> <snip>
> > >

> With a REAL CHARGE and decent batteries, they do fine.  I cut 2 acres if
> I'm
>
> taking off less than 1.5" on a single charge, but barely.  But then, I'm
> on
> flat ground.  If the grass is too high, this may be more of a problem
> (cutting
> 4" grass I run down in 3/4 acre or less!) and you can't cut very long a
> night,
> but this is more of an urban myth than truth.  Then too; GE claimed 3
> acres.
>
> I doubt anyone on this list ever cut 3 acres on a charge-- some people
> doubt
>
> I cut 2!  Oh the claims of marketing people!
>
> It sounds like someone needs to write a letter.
>
> Larry Elie

Dear Larry,

I use my et's daily on the farm. The e12 with brand new 225ah batteries
will
cut 3 acres (even on hilly terrain) on one charge. In fact, after sheep
were
done grazing a 5 acre pasture, I mowed down what was left on two charges -
which was much more work than standard mowing because of the height.

But my e20 with old batteries will only mow .75-1 acre per charge.

3 acres is not a far fetched claim!

Best wishes,
John