Re: (ET) New Idea R36

Rob, and other ET folks,
        Your John Deere E-90 is not a clone of the GE, Wheel Horse, or New
Idea
riding lawn mowers, which are all really GE copies.  The GE design placed
the batteries under the driver, and the motor and transmission is in the
back of the batteries.  The John Deere was a converted John Deere gas model
with the motor under the driver and the batteries in back of the motor.
        In case you need one, I have a spare plastic hood for the John
Deere
electric rider that is scratched but not cracked, a spare mower deck with
virtually no use, and one spare mower deck motor.  I bought these all at an
auction thinking that all electric tractor parts are worth saving.  The
owners manuals and shop manuals are still available from John Deere when
you can find a dealer willing to look the part numbers up.  There is a
dealer in Oxford, PA, that will order them for me if I ever got a complete
unit, but all I have is parts, so I don't need the manual.
        Hope this helps.

Steve Naugler

E-90.
> Looks to be in reasonable condition.
>
> If your riding mower (not really a 'tractor' per se) is truly a carbon
copy
> of mine, we should exchange manuals, and any other help we can come up
with.
> I'll keep my fingers crossed that mine comes with a manual, or someone on
the
> listserv knows where to get one, along with the occasional part!
>
> Rob Neighbour
> John Deere E90,
> Pontiac Fiero EV 120v

--- Steven Naugler