[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: (ET) Trouble with battreis, speed control, and mower???
- Subject: Re: (ET) Trouble with battreis, speed control, and mower???
- From: "Jim (Cape Cod USA)" <fiskfarm mediaone net>
- Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2000 08:53:51 -0400
- Organization: Suds & Service
- References: <Pine LNX 4 21 0007260843320 5449-100000 grace speakeasy org> <397F629B 95C9FA32 mediaone net> <397FA853 5F0DC045 speakeasy org>
- Reply-to: fiskfarm mediaone net
- Sender: owner-elec-trak cosmos5 phy tufts edu
They (battery load testers) do for batteries what a "wiggy" does for an
electrician; they place the item being tested under load so as to give
you a true picture of what's up rather than just reading the potential.
Sort of a what is rather than what could be.
Typically a bad battery will give you a nice 6v reading until you hit
the load switch and it drops to 4v indicating a bad cell, etc. The
instructions are right on the meter. Once you use one you won't know how
you lived without. Great for testing a questionable 12v battery as well.
n:Fisk (Cape Cod USA);Jim
email;internet:fiskfarm mediaone net