Re: (ET) Trouble with battreis, speed control, and mower???

The ET's use resistors to provide the lower speeds.  These resistors
dissapate a
lot of energy, but, generally, the ET's spend most of their time at the
middle
speed, where the resistors are not in use.

If your ET is running in one of the lower speeds, where the resistors are
in
use, you will find that you have low torque and that the batteries don't
last
very long.  You could probably check to see if this is the case by feeling
for
heat comming from the resistors, which are mounted under the hood forward
of the
batteries. (They are the large metal straps.)

I've never seen low batteries cause the speeds not to operate. You
probably have
some relay problems.  You may want to remove the covers and check for mouse
nests, etc..  I've seen lots of damage from mice, especially if they chew
on the
wiring.

You may want to check the voltage of each battery (each cell if possible)
after
the ET has been run a little.  Checking with a full charge may not give
you the
whole story.  You may find that one or more cells are much lower (even
completely dead) relative to the others.

I hope this helps!

Allan