Re: (ET) Power Disconnect for an E12M

Chris wrote:

> I received my new #OP134 power disconnect switch.
> It has a phenolic board attached to the switch contact
> bolts, with a third stud not connected to the switch, but
> has a fusible link connecting it to a switch contact.
> I haven't looked at a wiring diagram to see what is
> supposed to be connected to what.  My electraks'
> disconnect switch was bypassed long ago, so it may
> not be clear by just looking at the tractor to find what
> goes where.

For clarity, let's call the three studs A, B and C.
A is the stud connected to the switch, but not the fusible link.
B is the stud connected to the switch and the fusible link.
C is the stud connected only to the fusible link.

One power lead (from the front battery pack on my E12) goes to
stud A (switch only).  The other power lead (to the control
solenoids) goes to stud C.  Stud B is not used for connection to a
lead, just to allow replacement of the fusible link in the future.

This way, the fusible link and the switch are in series, and both are
capable of disabling the power circuit.

Darryl