Re: (ET) Electric Push Mowers

I have a Ryobi electric motor that is self propelled.

I love this mower - bought it on sale after the mowing season at a Home
Depot probably
five years ago.

similar picture at: http://www.mge.com/home/wise_use/cordless_mowers.html
mine is yellow body.  This page lists several electric lawnmowers.

These were mulching mowers, no need to bag.  You don't set them to cut the
grass as
close as some of my neighbors, but the mulching is very efficient - no
raking.

Height adjustment is a snap with a single lever.

Sad to say, I don't think Ryobi is still in the electric mower business.
Don't know
if you could find one.

This mower has infinitely adjustable self propelled speed with a slide pot
on the
handle.  The battery is apparently 24v, built in charger - plug a 3-prong
AC
cord
directly into the body.  LED goes green when fully charged.  Ryobi manual
recommends
you leave the mower on trickle charge over the winter season.

Don't know the weight without looking at the manual in the garage, but the
separate
motor for self propelled operation (only available on the high end model)
is
very powerful,
only needs to be steered in the right direction.

All the electrics I have seen lately are corded and cordless Black and
Deckers.

Of course for a lot more money ($695) you can go electric robotic:
http://www.yardmart.com/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/ProductDisplay?prmenbr=427&prrfnb
r=35156

Monty McGraw