Re: (ET) Other Batteries? / stability

At 07:59 AM 4/20/00 -0500, you wrote:

>  If
>the tractor will just be a rider and you won't need to worry about
>clearance underneath, you could hang the batteries under the floor by
>way of simple brackets instead of puting them into the usual boxes.
>Sixty or eighty pounds underneath would make it just about untippable.

If the tractor is like my E12,  you can bolt the rear tires on "inside out"
to gain a wider stance,  also making tipping more difficult.  My dad's
elec-trak has wheel weights,  so you might try finding a pair of those
also.

Dave

Dave  Tief.  N1WWY
Addie Tief.  N1XQP
Tribble,  Noodles,  Cecil,  Bandit,  Scooter and Magic.
Visit our web page at http://pages.cthome.net/dandahp