Referred by: Yahoo!
From: Grand Rapids, MI
Time: 2000-04-09 10:16:40
Comments: My Grandfather purchased an E-12 on August 31, 1972. He used it 4 years and he passed away in 1976. My Grandmother used a lawn service until she passed away three years ago. My wife and I purchased her home and it's contents from my mother. I filled the E-12's tires and purchased new batteries. I took it to a gentleman who serviced Electrak's 25 years ago. He is 93 years old. He replaced a few wires and removed the auto shut-off button under the seat and it was all ready to go. He asked if I was going to use it to cut grass. When I told him yes, he told me I should not. He said I should place it in lawnmower shows. (I didn't know there were such things.) Anyway to make a long story short, I have an E-12 with all original paint, all the original stickers, the original tires and the original owners manual. I have seen other Electraks on other web sites but I have never seen one as nice as this one. It really is in incredible condition. I recently moved to a house in a totally wooded area and I have no grass to cut. I'd like to keep it but my wife has convinced me it's time to part with it. I called GE because I was going to donate it to them if they had some type of a meuseum, but the don't. A neighbor wants to buy it but I have no idea what it's worth. He offered me $1,300 but I saw in another site that spoke of reconditioned mower decks that sell for $1,200. Can you give me some idea of it's true value? A friend recommended e-bay. What do you think? Thanks, Scott