(ET) Silicon sealer

1)  yes definitely use  neutral cure silicone around electrics, the acetic
acid stuff is really bad.  Also, the high pressure water wash is not even
an
option with sealed bearing, it willdestroy them  I speak from many years as
reliability engineer for an alternator mfgr, one of our major problems was
with truck fleets power washing their engines and destroying rotor
bearings.
Another trick is to use a small hypo needle and inject grease at the start
of the season, just don't overfill.

wombat