(ET) batteries

I've had good service from Exide, buying the "heavy duty" version at about
$55 as a lot of six from the local distributer. (Batavia, NY).

On testing, first I'd pull the brush covers and make sure that they hadn't
leaked and armatures were not corroded.  This is assuming that you've
already checked the bearings for free rotation, also you may have a loose
magnet in the mower motors.  That seems to happen frequently.  I believe
the
motors should run on 12 volts with no load, I'v run tests with 2 12 volt
car
batteries in series just hooked up with jumper cables.

wombat