(ET) New to list - Q about batteries

Hello,

I have an E-15 that has been battery-less for a number of years now.  I'm
weighing the idea of bringing this unit back to life and was looking for
suggestions on brands of batteries, where purchased (I'm in the capital
region of NY), and most importantly, the $$$ outlay.  Also, The mower deck
and
snow blower both received outdoor abuse from lack of storage space; any
suggestions on how I could test the motors other than connecting to an
Elec-Trac?

Thanks in advance for any and all help.

Tom H.