Re: (ET) Exide batteries

David Tiefenbrunn wrote:

> I had a set of Exide.  No idea what model,  they did the job.  My next
> set
> will very likely be bought from RAE Battery,  a local wholesaler and mail
> order supplier.

A word of caution about RAE Batteries.  My father and I have had the
misfortune
of owning these batteries.  After a few months problem arose.  Out of six
we lost
two to some form of failure.   The first battery suffered a Hydrogen
explosion
which popped the corner of the cover off.  This was not bad when compared
to the
second one.  This battery suffered a Hydrogen explosion, but this time the
entire
cover came off.  The back battery compartment in our E-15 was doused with
acid,
not to mention my seat bounced a little when it happened.  The remaining
two
batteries we have had no problems with.  This was about two years ago now.
 They
might of changed the quality of there batteries.  If you do purchase them,
be
very careful on the load that you place on them.

-Andy De Liso