RE: (ET) Elec-Trak Welder Worked Great

Snips....

-----Original Message-----
From: David Tiefenbrunn [mailto:dtiefenbrunn snet net]
Sent: Wednesday, February 16, 2000 10:45 PM
To: elec-trak cosmos5 phy tufts edu
Subject: Re: (ET) Elec-Trak Welder Worked Great

;I have to check out the bucket loader recently ;mentioned on the list.  I
;have daydreamed about building a back hoe for mine,  ;although most of the
;things I need to do in my yard (as far as digging is ;concerned) require
my
;bigger diesel machine.

;Dave

I THOUGHT I found a bucket loader once, in a junk pile.
It wasn't.  Pity; they are probably the hardest of all
ET implements to find.

One could indeed make a backhoe or loader for an ET, but it is a whale of a
lot of work.  One could use the
36V battery powered integral hydraulic pump/motors that
are on most electric lift trucks, and parts from a small backhoe.  It would
be cheaper to just rebuild a
small backhoe.  I even thought about a tree planter....
now there's a stretch!

Larry Elie