Re: (ET) Possible CD-ROM

If you used Access to create the CD you can use the developers edition to
create freely distributable clients. These "clients" would have to be in
the form of an interface providing access to canned reports or searches.
Since it would be fairly easy to provide text searches that wouldn't
necessarily be a bad thing (depending the on the database structure) On the
plus side the CD would still have the Access database file on it and any
user with Access on their system could use just database file any way they
wanted too.

But Adobe Acrobat provides similar searching capability via text and
keywords. You just need more time to create the index. The drawback is that
if you only have the Acrobat Reader you are pretty limited in what you can
do with the content besides viewing and printing. That might also be a plus
as far getting permission to produce this from the copyright owners.

In either case OCR  is a necessary part of the process and requires
proofreading as even the latest OCR software does not offer 100% accuracy.

In any case, if the CD-ROM gets to the production phase, I have access to
an 8-drive 4X CDR jukebox here at my work so I can make a lot of copies
easily.

Jeff Tickner
C/S Developer
SoftLanding Systems