RE: (ET) battery charger

        >But it's almost certainly not an electrolytic.  I've never seen
an
        >electrolytic used with a ferroresonant transformer

        >In any case you cannot -- MUST NOT -- use a conventional
polarized
        >electrolytic on an AC circuit.  It will be ruined and may well
explode.
        >If you ever are in the same room with an electrolytic which blows
up, I
        >guarantee you'll never forget it!

        Hence my caution about just firing this thing up! :')  I stand
corrected as to it being an electrolytic.  Just jumped to a conclusion when
I saw what looked like it *might* have been a polarity marking. Big
capacitor = electrolytic (or maybe a Leyden Jar) in my enfeebled mind.
Wasn't really thinking too hard about it.  Figured it would be best to ask
the assembled experts here in any case.  And, as usual, they have come
though.  Thanks!

Bruce Conner
IFS Quality Assurance  Ext 7038