(ET) E12M now works!

Just got my parts from Bill Gunn and installed them last night on my E12M.
New relay, new speed selector switches, new power consumption meter.  The
next item on the hit parade is installing fresh bearings on all my mower
deck motors and getting the charger working.

Anybody have a good diagnostic method for the charger, apart from what's in
the manual?  I'm replacing a badly swollen capacitor as the first step, but
the diodes may be shot too.  Can I test the charger when it's completely
disconnected fromt he battery pack and sitting on my bench or do I need to
have a load on it?

I notice my new meter has an O-ring under it.  Doesn't really fit very
well.
Do I need it, or can/should I replace it with a thinner seal of some sort?
Also, the meter isn't the same shape as the old one exactly.  Did I perhaps
get a wrong part or is the old style no longer available?

Looking forward to getting out there and cutting back the 8 inches of grass
that has srpung up during my repairs.  Yikes!

Bruce Conner
IFS Quality Assurance  Ext 7038