RE: (ET) fuses and breakers

Larry,

I have installed an "E" meter that has a 500 amp shunt on my E14 and I have
seen currents well over 200 amps. The E14 now has  an E20 motor as the
original PM drive motor went up in smoke! I have never had any of the
thermal breakers kick out! This includes the mower decks on the E14 and
E12M. I am now wondering if all the thermal devices are welded/rusted
shut?

What would be a good way to test the circuit breakers?

I am rebuilding an E20 and was trying to figure out how to test the thermal
cut-out that bolts to the motor. I put heat sink compound the back of it so
it could react faster to a hot motor. It seems to have a set screw in the
center of it. I wondering if turning the set screw will change the temp
that
the cut-out will trigger?

  Dwight

Dwight L. Hazen, Indiana University, UITS
Bloomington, In. 47408-7378 812-855-5367 hazen indiana edu
http://php.ucs.indiana.edu/~hazen/ Ham Radio wb9tlh arrl net