Re: (ET) Mower Question ?

It sounds to me like you have a rear discharge deck.  That is what I
have on my E-15.  I know they were available as a side discharge unit
for the folks that wanted one.  I have never seen one, but heard that
the rear discharge deck was suppose to use less power than the side
discharge units.  The reasons being that side discharge units used
blades that had a higher lift on the "heel" to propel the grass across
the width of the deck.  These blades would create more vacuum and should
result in a better cut at the expense of some range.  The bands on a
rear discharge deck keep the grass contained to the blade that cut it
until it reaches the rear of the deck.  It should minimize recutting
which would use more power. I don't know how true it is but that is what
someone told me a long time ago.  Someone please correct me if I'm
mistaken.
Thanx
Dean A. Stuckmann

 "Pestka, Dennis J" <Dennis Pestka mkg com>   wrote:
There are metal bands around each blade under the mower deck, The normal

area for the discharge is also blocked off. I assume these bands are to
protect the motor shaft from any large objects.
I have noticed with other ICE mowers I have owned that they do not cut
as
good if the discharge chute is blocked.
In my opinion these bands and the blocked discharge are causing the
grass to
be  blown down resulting in a cut that is not as manicured as I would
like.
With the high RPM of the motors I guess I expected a better cut than I
am
seeing