Re: (ET) Towing Capacity

>From Lee:

>Does anyone know the recommended towing capacity. . .

I don't know the recommended, but. . . I can tell you what I've been doing
for (20) years.

I burn firewood exclusively for heat, using about 7 ricks a years.  I built
a trailer for my E-15 from the rear end of an old Crosley. With it I haul
about 1/3 of a rick of wood (which is about 1/3 of a pickup load.  I live
on top of a hill in hilly country which means that I haul that wood up a
pretty steep hill. I'm guessing that's at least 500 lbs (for green oak).
Also I've hauled water up the hill from the river in dry spells in a 55 gal
drum. If I remember my math that's about 450 lbs.  I once used it to move a
hay-baler a short distance.

I am of the opinion that you can pull anything you can get traction for and
the belts don't slip.  If it's too much the belts will slip and you don't
want that.