RE: (ET) Re: Cost to charge batteries

>If the converter plugs into the PTO outlet, do you put a weight on the
>seat to close the seat safety interlock switch? The PTO contactor isn't
>supposed to energize unless the driver sits down before flipping the
>switch on.
>
>Mike
>

>From Lee:

I bypassed the seat switch a long time ago.  Primarily because I live in
hilly country and the motor does a good job of braking going down hills.
But if I bounced just once and disengaged the motor then I instantly lost
all that braking.  I almost lost more than that once! I did several things
to make the machine safer and more usable on hills:  Replaced the turf
tires with lug tires, replaced the pitiful disk brake with a drum brake,
and bypassed the seat switch.

>>>From Tony:  What wattage is the generator?

I have no idea!   It runs a '2hp' electric chain saw (10 or 12 amps I
think) and I think that's about the limit, but I don't really know.